The TDI Vertical Access Cave Diver is a distinctive speciality that only very few TDI Instructors in the world can teach. It is one of the very few formal Single Rope Technique or vertical access cave certifications available.
Over the course of three days, you will learn how to rig, prepare and execute a cave diving requiring vertical access.
Some of the skills you will learn are:
-Equipment selection and use
- Knots and load balancing
- Rebelays and Redirections
- Descending (Abseiling) and Ascending (Prussicking)
- Passing knots or rebelays on descent and ascent
- Lowering and Hauling gear
- On Rope Rescues
WHY LEARN TO CAVE DIVE WITH TDI REEF2RIDGE?
TDI is the world's largest and most widely recognised cave diving agency in the world. You can be sure that wherever you travel to cave dive, your certification will be recognised and respected as one of the best. Reef2Ridge has an international reputation for producing high-quality divers at all levels, and our instructors travel regularly to ensure they show the world the quality of training offered here.
We don't believe in teaching to the minimum standards and put the extra effort in to ensure you have a broad range of skills and techniques to get yourself out of trouble if it comes your way. Any diver can pop themselves into the overhead zone of a cave diving site and bumble their way back towards the big bright area. The difference between those divers and you after these courses is when something goes wrong, such as silt out or loss of spatial awareness you will have the right tools in your toolkit to get out unscathed. You will be exposed to problems so realistic on these courses that you most likely won't even realize they are just a drill, giving you the best training that ensures you are familiar with the visual, situational and stress cues that are associated with a real problem on a cave dive.
PREREQUISITES TO CERTIFICATION:
- You must be certified cavern or enrolled in the combined cavern/intro to cave course
- You must have at least 50 dives logged with at least 10 in the last 12 months.
- You must complete a diving medical questionnaire
- Face to face theory sessions.
- A comprehensive equipment configuration and dry drills session
- 2 Cave dives requiring vertical access
- All dive site entry permits
- All Gases required for the course.
- Certification as a TDI Vertical Access Overhead Diver (on graduation)
- Any equipment hire. All equipment is available for hire.
- We do not hire anything that goes in your pocket, for example, Backup lights, finger spools or wet notes etc as they never get returned.