The TDI Cavern diver instructor is the first step down the path of cave diving instruction. It will introduce you to the basic skills necessary to teach students to plan and execute dives within the daylight zone of simple cavern sites.
Our Instructor Evaluators are leaders in the industry, with all of them being experienced cave divers, with worldwide cave diving experience and some of our instructors are Full Cave Instructor Evaluators, meaning they can assess and certify cave diving instructors which is the highest cave diving instructor rating TDI has. This means you will be taught by instructors who are professional, full-time cave diving instructors, not someone that does it as a hobby a couple of times a year. This means you will be taught the latest techniques, the most current standards and in the most innovative ways.
WHY LEARN TO CAVE DIVE WITH TDI REEF2RIDGE?
TDI is the world's largest and most widely recognised cave diving agency in the world. You can be sure that wherever you travel to cave dive, your certification will be recognised and respected as one of the best. Reef2Ridge has an international reputation for producing high-quality divers at all levels, and our instructors travel regularly to ensure they show the world the quality of training offered here.
We don't believe in teaching to the minimum standards and put the extra effort in to ensure you have a broad range of skills and techniques to get yourself out of trouble if it comes your way. Any diver can pop themselves into the overhead zone of a cave diving site and bumble their way back towards the big bright area. The difference between those divers and you after these courses is when something goes wrong, such as silt out or loss of spatial awareness you will have the right tools in your toolkit to get out unscathed. You will be exposed to problems so realistic on these courses that you most likely won't even realize they are just a drill, giving you the best training that ensures you are familiar with the visual, situational and stress cues that are associated with a real problem on a cave dive.
On completion of this course, you will be certified to teach students to conduct no-decompression dives within the light penetration zone or up to 61 meters linear penetration to depths of up to 40 meters.
PREREQUISITES TO PARTICIPATION:
- You must be a TDI Instructor and have taught 4 TDI Courses
- You must be certified TDI Full Cave
- You must have at least 100 Full Cave dives logged with at least 10 in the last 12 months.
- If diving sidemount you must have sidemount certification or be enrolled in a sidemount course. (sidemount instructor is available as well)
- You must complete a diving medical questionnaire
- Assist a complete cavern course and have a cavern diving instructor evaluation.
- A comprehensive dive planning theory session in class
- A comprehensive equipment configuration and dry drills session
- Minimum 6 dives
- All dive site entry permits
- All Gases required for the course.
- Certification as a TDI Cavern Diver Instructor (on graduation)
- Any equipment hire. All equipment is available for hire. For example, a twinset rig is available for $110 a day, Canister light is $25 per day and a Shearwater deco computer is $20 per day. We also have capped price cave diving course gear hire for $399 and covers up to 6 days of courses!
- TDI Member upgrade Fees and training materials.
- We do not hire anything that goes in your pocket, for example, Backup lights, finger spools or wet notes etc as they never get returned.