Ever thought about what it would be like to try cave diving but can't dedicate the time, money and equipment necessary to do it?
Here at Reef2Ridge, we love cave diving so much that we want everyone to be able to at least give it a try, so we have developed this program.
With only an advanced adventure diver certification and proof of 25 dives, we will take you on an unforgettable adventure.
We begin by giving you a basic lesson on cave diving theory and some education on emergency procedures. We then kit you out in the equipment necessary ( all equipment required over that of a full recreational scuba hire is included!)
Then off we go to Kilsby Sinkhole where we will first give you a bit of time to acclimatise to the environment and confirm a few safety drills, then begins your foray into the overhead zone right to the back wall of the cave, almost 30m in and 30m down to enjoy the dark, eery but alluring chasm below, only to turn off our light and look back to be awestruck at the spectacle that presents in front of us, observing a beautiful ray of light, 40m away and beaming down out of the entrance hole, it truly is a sight that has to be seen to be believed.
This is a limited experience and most people would sit a 5-day course to visit this site.
PREREQUISITES FOR PARTICIPATION:
- Must be certified advanced adventure diver or equivalent.
- Must have proof of 25 dives.
- Must be medically fit.
- Must be over 18 years old.
- Transport to and from the site.
- A theory session on cave diving.
- A dive site entry permit to Kilsby sinkhole
- Any equipment required above that of recreational scuba diver.
- An instructor to be your mentor and guide.
- Spectators welcome but incur a site entry fee ($20)
- Scuba equipment hire is available for $85.
All of our tours are cheaper if you bring a friend.