The TDI Extended Range Trimix Instructor program is designed to take an instructor already qualified to teach Advanced Nitrox and Decompression procedures and give them the knowledge, skills and attitude to safely plan and execute dives to 60 meters.
Over the course of this program, you will learn advanced planning techniques, with an emphasis on contingency planning and emergency procedures. You will demonstrate mastery of using multiple decompression gases and carrying at least two deco cylinders. You will only be permitted to complete ascents in blue water using no visual references as we believe if you can master this, you can easily do any type of ascent.
Our Instructor Trainers are leaders in the industry, with all of them being experienced cave divers, TRIMIX certified and some of them being Advanced Mixed Gas CCR instructors with experience diving deeper than 130 meters. They are all extremely passionate about technical diving with an emphasis on doing the small things well.
We don't believe in teaching to the minimum standards and put the extra effort in to ensure you have a broad range of skills and techniques to get yourself out of trouble if it comes your way. Any diver can plummet down to 60 meters, rack up some deco and haul their way back up an anchor or shot line whilst following their computer. The difference between those divers and you after this course is that when something goes wrong, you will have the right tools in your toolkit to get out unscathed. You will be exposed to problems so realistic on this course that you most likely won't even realize they are just a drill, giving you the best training that ensures you are familiar with the visual, situational and stress cues that are associated with a real problem on a trimix decompression dive.
On completion of this course, you will be certified to conduct decompression dives to 60 meters using trimix and at least two decompression cylinder containing up to 100% oxygen. That means with us, you will be comfortable diving with Trimix and carrying three decompression cylinders, containing Nitrox 50% and 100% Oxygen giving you comfort in diving to the very limit of this certification and enjoying all of the redundancy that configuration provides.
We can also provide an upgrade to complete TDI Extended Range certification for an additional $599. (Ask in-store)
PREREQUISITES TO CERTIFICATION:
- You must be certified Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Procedures Instructor.
- You must be certified as a Trimix diver and/Or Extended Range Diver.
- You must have completed 10 Decompression Procedures courses.
- You must hold TDI full cave diver or equivalent
- You must have at least 100 dives logged with at least 10 deeper than 40m and 10 dives in the last 12 months.
- If diving sidemount you must have sidemount certification or be enrolled in a sidemount course.
- You must complete a diving medical questionnaire
- Assist on a full Extended Range/Trimix course with Real Students
- A comprehensive dive planning theory session in class
- A comprehensive equipment configuration and dry drills session
- Minimum 5 dives with at least 2 deeper than 40m and two requiring mandatory decompression.
- All dive site entry permits
- All Gases required for the course.
- Certification as a TDI Extended Range or Trimix Instructor (on graduation)
- Any equipment hire. All equipment is available for hire. For example a deco cylinder and O2 clean regulator set are $40 per day, Canister light is $25 per day and a Shearwater deco computer is $20 per day.
- TDI Member upgrade Fees and training materials.