The TDI Full Cave Instructor program is the third course in the cave diving instructional continuum. It expands on the knowledge gained in the Intro to Cave Instructor course and adds new topics, such as complex navigation including jumps, tees, circuits and traverses. A diver that completes this course is certified to conduct just about any cave diving they wish with penetration distances up to 1/3 of two cylinders and allowing decompression (if certified). A diver wanting to go further than this can also complete the TDI Stage cave diver course which then allows unlimited penetrations.
Over the duration of the course, you will be Assisting to educate students on advanced gas planning, advanced navigation including jumps, multiple intersections, Circuits and traverses. You will be required to demonstrate proficiency with the lost line and line entanglement drills as learnt in intro to cave.
Our Instructor Trainers are leaders in the industry, with all of them being experienced cave divers, with worldwide cave diving experience and some of our instructors are Full Cave Instructor Evaluators, meaning they can assess and certify cave diving instructors which is the highest cave diving instructor rating TDI has. This means you will be taught by instructors who are professional, full-time cave diving instructors, not someone that does it as a hobby a couple of times a year. This means you will be taught the latest techniques, the most current standards and in the most innovative ways.
WHY LEARN TO CAVE DIVE WITH TDI REEF2RIDGE?
TDI is the world's largest and most widely recognised cave diving agency in the world. You can be sure that wherever you travel to cave dive, your certification will be recognised and respected as one of the best. Reef2Ridge has an international reputation for producing high-quality divers at all levels, and our instructors travel regularly to ensure they show the world the quality of training offered here.
We don't believe in teaching to the minimum standards and put the extra effort in to ensure you have a broad range of skills and techniques to get yourself out of trouble if it comes your way. Any diver can swim into a cave, pass a few intersections, but it's when they turn around and see the silt, or lose the line that they will run into problems, big problems. The difference between those divers and you after these courses is when something goes wrong, such as silt out or loss of spatial awareness you will have the right tools in your toolkit to get out unscathed. You will be exposed to problems so realistic on these courses that you most likely won't even realize they are just a drill, giving you the best training that ensures you are familiar with the visual, situational and stress cues that are associated with a real problem on a cave dive.
On completion of this course, you will be able to apply to TDI to teach students to conduct dives in caves with multiple lines or entrances, up to 1/3rd of two cylinders and requiring mandatory decompression if certified for deco.
PREREQUISITES TO CERTIFICATION:
- You must be certified as an Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Procedures Instructor.
- You must have taught 3 Intro to Cave Courses.
- You must have at least 200 Full cave dives level dives.
- If diving sidemount you must have sidemount certification or be enrolled in a sidemount course. (Sidemount instructor is also available)
- You must complete a diving medical questionnaire
- Assist a full TDI Full Cave course with real students.
- A comprehensive dive planning theory session in class
- A comprehensive equipment configuration and dry drills session
- Minimum 10 dives
- All dive site entry permits
- All Gases required for the course.
- An Instructor Evaluation with an Instructor Trainer after you have completed the Assist.
- Any equipment hire. All equipment is available for hire. For example, a twinset rig is available for $110 a day, Canister light is $25 per day and a Shearwater deco computer is $20 per day. We also have capped price cave diving course gear hire for $399 and covers up to 6 days of courses!
- We do not hire anything that goes in your pocket, for example, Backup lights, finger spools or wet notes etc as they never get returned.
- Any TDI instructor upgrade fees or training materials